The Basics of Video Conferencing
Many businesses typically hold periodic meetings, which is hard to do when an entire team is cooped up at home. As a result, the business slows down as tasks are prolonged and miscommunications create challenges. For efficiency to be preserved, businesses need to be able to continue their typical procedures… but how, if they aren’t all in the same place at the same time to meet?
Video conferencing answers that question, enabling a virtual meeting to be conducted over an Internet connection, using webcams to broadcast video between participants. By unifying a team, ideas and data can be shared and co-workers can act more cohesively to accomplish organizational goals… and video conferencing makes it much easier than other, audio-only options.
What Are Some Video Conferencing Features?
If you are considering putting a video conferencing solution in place, you have plenty of options to balance out as you make your selection. However, not all of them will offer the same features. Let’s consider some of the best ones that your video conferencing solution should offer.
- An Acoustic Fence – This assists meeting quality by canceling out noise in a designated meeting area.
- Interoperability – As we said, you have many options to consider, but whatever you pick should be able to work with an assortment of the others. This way, your choice of solution won’t prevent you from communicating with people who have selected another.
- Speaker tracking – In order to help keep the focus on the person who is currently speaking, today’s solutions tend to have a feature known as speaker tracking that brings the person talking to the forefront.
- 70-Degree Field of View – Try to find a solution that provides a medium focal length in order to get best coverage for your team.
- Software Integration – You will likely want to save records of these meetings and share them out at some point. Look for a solution that has the integrations to make sharing and broadcasting files much simpler.
- Content Sharing – Files may need to be shared during your meeting, which can be greatly assisted by integrated content sharing capabilities.
If you are seeking out a video conferencing solution that can help make you business’ communications more effective and dynamic, we can help. Call the professionals at Aspire at (469) 272-0777 for assistance.